moving home to or from singapore

Telephone: 0808 1000 988
Overseas Telephone: +44 1242 536796

Wherever in Singapore you are moving to, GB Liners are here to help.

We are able to help with single items, groupage consignments, full container loads, cars and pets. Naturally a full door to door service is available.

living in singapore

Moving and living overseas can be a daunting proposition but with our experienced International Team here to assist, we are on hand to provide all the help and assistance you need for moving to Singapore. GB Liners have been moving customers overseas for over 60 years and in that time have accrued a wealth of knowledge and contacts that can aid and advise you on every aspect of your relocation to Singapore. Guidance for living in Singapore can be obtained from the link below however if you have any queries about life in Singapore, please do not hesitate to contact our International Team who will share their vast knowledge or put you in touch with one of our many international partners who can!

customs formalities for moving to singapore

Documents Required (submitted/signed by customer)

  • Copy of residential/working Visa.
  • Copy of passport.
  • Employments pass – For Goods & Service Tax (GST) Relief entry. Not more than 6 months from date of issue.

Non Singaporean citizens will also require:

  • Employment pass application/acknowledgement letter from Ministry of Manpower with a letter from employer OR Approved-in-Principle letter from Ministry of Manpower, will suffice if actual employment pass is not in-hand. GST Relief must be claimed within six months of owners’ official arrival in Singapore. Goods & Service Tax (GST) , if applicable, is 7% of shipper’s declared value of goods (used value – NOT insured value). Shipments can be cleared without employment pass if owner is willing to pay GST but shipper must declare, “used value” for GST assessment.

Documents Required (to be completed/arranged by GB Liners)

  • Inventory of the goods in English. (Do not use the terms “Miscellaneous” or “Contents unknown”.)
  • Ocean Bill of Lading/Air Waybill (AWB).


For Singaporean citizens imported goods will be granted ST relief if goods are all for personal use and owner has lived abroad for more than six months (date of leave for overseas assignment). They will need to show proof of employment outside Singapore. This may be through work or resident visa or immigration endorsements from origin country for Customs verification.

For further details on inherited goods, diplomatic status, motor vehicles, pets and other exceptional items, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at

Back to top