MOVING HOME TO OR FROM QATAR
Wherever in Qatar you are planning to move to, whether it’s Al Rayyan, Doha or Zubarah, GB Liners are here to help.
We are able to help with single items, groupage consignments, full container loads, cars and pets. Naturally a full door to door service is available.
LIVING IN QATAR
Moving and living overseas can be a daunting proposition but with our experienced International Team here to assist, we are on hand to provide all the help and assistance you need for moving to Qatar. GB Liners have been moving customers overseas for over 60 years and in that time have accrued a wealth of knowledge and contacts that can aid and advise you on every aspect of your relocation to Qatar. Guidance for living in Qatar can be obtained from the link below however if you have any queries about life in Qatar, please do not hesitate to contact our International Team who will share their vast knowledge or put you in touch with one of our many international partners who can!
CUSTOMS FORMALITIES FOR MOVING TO QATAR
Documents Required (submitted/signed by customer)
- Copy of residential/working Visa.
- Copy of passport with Qatar work/residence permits.
- First entry stamp to Qatar from the passport
- No-Objection letter to import HHG’s into the country (typed in Arabic) on the original letterhead of employer / sponsor in Qatar signed by the authorised signatory of the company.
- Valued Inventory of goods.
Documents Required (to be completed/arranged by GB Liners)
- Detailed Inventory of the goods in English. (Do not use the terms “Miscellaneous” or “Contents unknown”.)
- Ocean Bill of Lading/Air Waybill (AWB) or copy of telex/express release.
ADDITONAL INFORMATON FORM MOVING TO QATAR
Qatari customs is imposing duties on all import shipments (especially SEA import) with duties and taxes at 5% on customs declared value. The only exemption relates to personal baggage and gifts accompanied by the shipper at the following conditions:·
- The value thereof may not exceed 3000 Qatari Riyal.
- Should be of personal nature and not of commercial quantities.
- The shipper cannot be a frequent passenger at the customs station.
- Customs reserves the right to take any decisions (as per Customs Article 21).
Shipments to be declared as used household goods and personal effects. All shipments are subject to 100% physical inspection. Computer equipment requires a separate clearance procedure through Qatar customs. If a computer is included in the shipment,
specifications should be sent prior to arrival in order to obtain Qatar Telecommunication approval.
For further details on inherited goods, diplomatic status, motor vehicles, pets and other exceptional items, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.