MOVING TO OR FROM DENMARK
All GB Liners’ branches have the facility to know how to quote for and arrange and operate, European move. We recognise, however, that not every branch can be an expert for every European destination and so we have therefore chosen to designate our Loughborough branch as our “centre of expertise” for Denmark. You can contact them by phoning 01509 632850 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you require specialist advice. Alternatively, of course, you can contact your local branch if you don’t think you need specialist help.
Sat – 9:00am- 12:00pm
Living in Denmark
Advice on living in Denmark can be obtained from:
Customs Formalities for Moving To Denmark
Most Customs regimes have several factors in common:
- People moving to an EU country on a transfer of residence basis (i.e. moving their main place of residence from the UK to that EU country for work or personal reasons) are generally permitted to import their household and personal belongings free of duty and tax.
- There is usually a requirement to prove that the person moving has previously resided in the UK for a specified qualifying period, by means of presenting documents such as Council Tax bills, bank statements, utility bills etc.
- There is usually a requirement to prove that permission for residency or employment in the destination country has been granted.
- There is usually a requirement to prove identity by providing a passport copy.
- New items (usually less than 6 months old) may be subject to tax.
- Certain item are usually prohibited e.g. guns, animal skins or products, etc.
- Certain items are usually restricted e.g. alcohol, tobacco etc.
You will need to be able to supply any required information or documentation before the move is packed, to allow us to have it checked by our agent in the destination country for confirmation that everything is in order. This is essential to ensure that there are no delays at the destination border due to missing or incorrect documentation.
For a move to an EU country being made for any reason other than a transfer of residence, then you should ask us to check the specific Customs requirements for your circumstances and this should be done as early in the process as possible. If, for example, your circumstances were such that carrying-out the move would incur a significant duty or tax liability then that may influence your decision to move altogether. It is essential therefore, that such issues are raised as early as possible.
If you are furnishing a holiday or secondary home in an EU country (that is a home other than your main place of residence), then usually you will have to pay duty or tax on the items that you are moving.
The following information outlines the documentation required for importing household goods moves to Denmark, to the best of current knowledge and belief. This is a summary of the documents required for household goods moves from the UK to Denmark on a transfer of residence basis. It does not cover cars, secondary homes, inheritances, or any other exceptional circumstances and for any moves falling into these categories, it is essential that you advise us of your circumstances so that we can check requirements with a local agent in the destination country.
Customs regulations and document requirements for Denmark
- Danish Customs Form 12024.
- Copy of the Photo Page of Passport.
- Inventory list in English.
- Registration date at local municipality (shipment cannot arrive before registration has been completed unless it is placed in a bonded warehouse).
- The importer must have lived outside the EU minimum 12 months.
- The importer must have owned and used items for minimum 6 months.
Documents required for export clearance out of Denmark (for UK bound moves)
- Copy passport.
- English Inventory list.
- Completion of UK transfer of residence application and generation of a URN number provided to us by you. (See relevant web page.)