Telephone: 0808 1000 988
Overseas Telephone: +44 1242 536796

Wherever in the USA you are planning to move to, whether it’s Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City or San Francisco, GB Liners are here to help.

We are able to help with single items, groupage consignments, full container loads, cars and pets. Naturally a full door to door service is available.

living in the usa

Moving and living overseas can be a daunting proposition but with our experienced International Team here to assist, we are on hand to provide all the help and assistance you need for moving to America. GB Liners have been moving customers overseas for over 60 years and in that time have accrued a wealth of knowledge and contacts that can aid and advise you on every aspect of your American relocation. Guidance for living in America can be obtained from the link below however if you have any queries about American life, please do not hesitate to contact our International Team who will share their vast knowledge or put you in touch with one of our many international partners who can!


Documents Required (submitted/signed by customer)

  • Copy of residential/working Visa.
  • Copy of passport.
  • USA Customs Form 3299
    (Importer’s Declaration).
  • U.S Customs Service Supplemental.
    (Declaration of Unaccompanied Personal & Household Effects).
  • U.S. Power of Attorney (POA).

Documents Required (to be completed/arranged by GB Liners)

  • Inventory of the goods in English. (Do not use the terms “Miscellaneous” or “Contents unknown”).
  • Ocean Bill of Lading/Air Waybill (AWB).
  • Import Security Filing Submission.

additional information on moving to the usa

Duty free if removal goods consist of used household effects which have been in the owner’s use and possession abroad for at least one year, and which will keep on being used by the owner in the new residence.

For further details on inherited goods, diplomatic status, motor vehicles, pets and other exceptional items, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at

Back to top