All GB Liners’ branches have the facility to know how to quote for and arrange and operate European moves. We recognise, however, that not every branch can be an expert for every European destination and so we have therefore chosen to designate our Aberdeen branch from our sister company, Clark & Rose (Removals) Limited as our “centre of expertise” for Bulgaria. You can contact them by phoning 01224 782800 or emailing if you require specialist advice. Alternatively, of course, you can contact your local branch if you don’t think you need specialist help.
Clark & Rose (Removals) Limited, Barclayhill Place, Portlethen, Aberdeen AB12 4LH
Mon – Fri – 8:00am – 5:30pm Sat – 8:00am- 12:00pm (by appointment)


Advice on living in Norway can be obtained from:

Customs Formalities for Moving To NORWAY

Most Customs regimes have several factors in common:

  • People moving on a transfer of residence basis (i.e. moving their main place of residence from the UK to Norway for work or personal reasons) are generally permitted to import their household and personal belongings free of duty and tax.
  • There is usually a requirement to prove that the person moving has previously resided in the UK for a specified qualifying period, by means of presenting documents such as Council Tax bills, bank statements, utility bills etc.
  • There is usually a requirement to prove that permission for residency or employment in the destination country has been granted.
  • There is usually a requirement to prove identity by providing a passport copy.
  • New items (usually less than 6 months old) may be subject to tax.
  • Certain item are usually prohibited e.g. guns, animal skins or products, etc.
  • Certain items are usually restricted e.g. alcohol, tobacco etc.

You will need to be able to supply any required information or documentation before the move is packed, to allow us to have it
checked by our agent in the destination country for confirmation that everything is in order. This is essential to ensure that there are no delays at the destination border due to missing or incorrect documentation.

For a move to Norway being made for any reason other than a transfer of residence, then you should ask us to check the specific Customs requirements for your circumstances and this should be done as early in the process as possible. If, for example, your circumstances were such that carrying-out the move would incur a significant duty or tax liability then that may influence your decision to move altogether. It is essential therefore, that such issues are raised as early as possible.

If you are furnishing a holiday or secondary home in Norway (that is a home other than your main place of residence), then usually you will have to pay duty or tax on the items that you are moving.

norway Overview

Whilst Norway is not a member of the EU it is associated with the Union through its membership of the European Economic Area (EEA).The following information outlines the documentation required for importing household goods moves to Norway, to the best of current knowledge and belief. This is a summary of the documents required for household goods moves from the UK to Norway on a transfer of residence basis. It does not cover cars, secondary homes, inheritances, or any other exceptional circumstances and for any moves falling into these categories, it is essential that you advise us of your circumstances so that we can check requirements with a local agent in the destination country.

Customs regulations and document requirements for NORWAY

  • Signed and completed Norwegian Customs Form – RD-0030E – (for immigrants/returning citizen or marriage).
  • Copy of the Photo Page of Passport.
  • Inventory List which we will complete.
  • Proof of living outside Norway for at least 12 months (registration, work permit, residence permit etc.).
  • Norwegian ID number (11 digits) – if available.

Documents required for export clearance out of norway (for UK bound moves)

  • Passport Copy.
  • Norwegian ID Number.
  • Inventory List which we will complete.
  • Completion of UK transfer of residence application and generation of a URN number provided to us by you. (See separate instruction sheet.)
Back to top